Four Steps to Graduation
Go to MavLINK
Cap & Gown
- The UNO Bookstore is the only place to get your official Commencement regalia! Your cap and gown purchase also serves as your official "RSVP" for Commencement.
- Each graduating student must wear a university-approved cap and gown, which can be purchased at the UNO Bookstore, or online here.
Spring 2017 Cap & Gown Timeline
|January 23||Academic attire ordering begins|
|March 8||UNO Bookstore Grad Fair, 10 A.M. to 6 P.M. Take care of all your graduation needs in one stop.|
|March 31||Last official day to order cap & gown online. After this date, all orders must be placed in person, at the Bookstore.|
UNO Bookstore Graduation Fair
March 8 | 10 A.M. to 6 P.M.
- Save time and do it all - in one stop.
- Purchase your cap and gown, buy a class ring, or order your graduation announcements.
- Visit vendor tables for information and enter various drawings for big giveaways.
- Enjoy special discounts on featured graduation merchandise.
- Win prizes, eat free food, need we say more?
JostensCongrats Maverick! You’ve reached an impressive milestone. We’ve chosen Jostens to provide all of our graduation products, and they’re shipped directly to you.
Personalized Graduation Announcements
|We partner with Jostens to create a ring that reflects your Maverick pride, achievements, and style. Choose from 29 different rings. Order yours today.|
Frame up your achievement with a custom diploma frame. Choose from 15 different options including various finishes, orientations, and more.We carry the three most popular styles in stock, or view the full selection on the Jostens site.
May 5, 2017 | 9 A.M. and 3P.M.
- Check which ceremony your college is participating in here.
- You should arrive at Baxter Arena wearing your cap and gown. Please leave any personal items at home, in your vehicle, or with a family member or guest, including coats, bags, purses, boxes, etc.
- Visit the Commencement website for key information about the event.
Tassles & Hoods
- Bachelor's candidates: Wear the tassel over the right front of your cap.
- Master's candidates: Wear the tassel over the left front of your cap. Put on your hood.
- Doctoral and Specialist candidates: Wear the tassel over the left front of your cap. Drape your hood over your left arm and hand it to the Hooder when you reach the stage.
- Caps and gowns are required for degree candidates to participate in all ceremonies.
- You may wear honors cords or stoles provided by your organization with your cap and gown.
- Wear the UNO tassel with your cap.
- We recommend wearing business attire under the gown. Men should wear a dress shirt and tie. Although some consider ties optional, the shirt collar and tie are visible at the throat of the gown.
- Women should wear a dress, skirt, or dress slacks. Try to choose a dress or skirt with a hemline that does not extend below the gown.