Cap & Gown
- The UNO Bookstore is the only place to get your official Commencement regalia! Your cap and gown purchase also serves as your official "RSVP" for Commencement.
- Each graduating student must wear a university-approved cap and gown, which can be purchased at the UNO Bookstore, or
- Don't delay! The deadline to order caps and gowns is October 28, 2016.
- Student Parking Permits will be allowed in the Thompson Alumni Center lot for Cap and Gown pick up. If you are graduating with honors, your medallion will be included with your cap and gown order.
- You should arrive at Baxter Arena wearing your cap and gown. Please leave any personal items at home, in your vehicle, or with a family member or guest, including coats, bags, purses, boxes, etc.
December 2016 Cap & Gown Timeline
Academic attire ordering begins
Oct. 12, 13
UNO Bookstore Grad Fair, 10 A.M. to 6 P.M. Take care of all your graduation needs in one stop.
Last official day to order cap & gown
After this date, all orders must be placed in person, at the
Dec. 8, 9
Pick up cap & gown at the Thompson Alumni Center 8 A.M. to 6 P.M.
UNO Bookstore Graduation Fair
October 12 & 13 | 10 A.M. to 6 P.M.
- Save time and do it all - in one stop.
- Purchase your cap and gown, buy a class ring, or order your graduation announcements.
- Visit vendor tables for information and enter
various drawings for big giveaways.
- Enjoy special discounts on featured
- Win prizes, eat free food, need we say
|We partner with Jostens to create a ring that reflects your Maverick pride, achievements, and style. Choose from 29 different styles. Order yours today.
|The UNO Bookstore partners with Jostens to make your custom diploma frame. Choose from 15 different options including various finishes, orientations, and more. Order yours today.
Appropriate Commencement Attire
- Caps and gowns are required for degree candidates to participate in all ceremonies.
- You may wear honors cords or stoles provided by your organization with your cap and gown.
- Wear the UNO tassel with your cap.
- We recommend wearing business attire under the gown.
Men should wear a dress shirt and tie. Although some consider ties optional, the shirt collar and tie are visible at the throat of the gown.
- Women should wear a dress, skirt, or dress slacks. Try to choose a dress or skirt with a hemline that does not extend below the gown.
- Visit the Commencement website
for key information about the event.
Tassles & Hoods
Bachelor's candidates: Wear the tassel over the right front of your cap.
- Master's candidates: Wear the tassel over the left front of your cap. Put on your hood.
- Doctoral and Specialist candidates: Wear the tassel over the left front of your cap. Drape your hood over your left arm and hand it to the Hooder when you reach the stage.
Find unique gifts for the UNO Grad!